- Be purposeful and thoughtful when asking for personal information, so that we only ask for the minimum information that is required to provide services for our membership or empower collective advocacy
- Store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- Make it as simple as possible for you to know what personal information is kept by us and access your information from us
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information and will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data we collect.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal information and we will gladly assist you.
CHOICE AND CONSENT
You do not have to provide personal information to us, however, if you do not, it will affect your capacity to become a member; access member only areas of this website; receive email updates directly; or to register online to attend QLEWN events.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
If you have a member account on this website, or have registered for e-news or to attend events, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications, please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you become a member of QLEWN, register for our e-news, support QLEWN advocacy campaigns, or attend QLEWN events, the types of personal information we may collect about you could include
- Your name;
- Images of QLEWN events that may include you;
- Your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- Your credit card details;
- Information you provide to us through member profiles and/or surveys including demographic and health information relevant to your role in the Lived Experience workforce, your interests, preferences and/opinions
- Information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, events you attend; which advocacy campaigns you support; and what information you download from our website
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our website, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- Any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you
SENSITIVE, PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles.
Our membership profile collects sensitive information relating to your racial or ethnic origin and health information in terms of identifying your identified Lived Experience perspective as it relates to your status as a Lived Experience worker.
This information is only shared in a quantitative and de-identified format (eg 90% of our members have a direct experience of receiving a diagnosis of mental illness). We will never share sensitive personal information with a third party unless it is fully de-identified or required by law.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To formalise your membership and enable you to access and use members only areas of our website;
- To enable you to register to attend events and receive members only discounts;
- To access any associated social media platforms or other applications associated with delivering QLEWN services;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- De-identified information from QLEWN members may be used to inform and manage advocacy campaigns and planning for training events
- Determining what promotional information to send you about advocacy campaigns; training opportunities; and other information that may be of interest to you;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18.
WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access to your personal information and data is restricted to
- Our employees and/or contractors.
- Third party processing partners for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers; data storage, web-hosting and server providers; maintenance or problem-solving providers; marketing or advertising providers; professional advisors; and payment systems operators.
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, when required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your personal information.
We disclose personal information to third parties or public officials if you have consented to it or if we are legally obliged to do so.
Our processing partners
- Google.com for analytics and search engine optimisation
- Defiant Inc. for website security
- GoPlex Consulting Pty Ltd for website hosting
- Sucuri Inc. for additional website security
- Stripe.com for processing online payments
- Eventbrite.com for event bookings
- Mailchimp.com for e-news and marketing to members
STORAGE AND SECURITY
If you leave a comment, complete a form, or register as a member, the information and its metadata may be retained indefinitely.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. We will take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, by putting in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure records of personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If we know or suspect that personal information has been accessed by unauthorised parties, we will take reasonable steps to reduce the chance of harm and advise the person of the breach and if necessary the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information. If and when you choose to provide personal information through our website, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings and/or you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as www.optout.aboutads.info or www.youronlinechoices.com Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
We do not use advertising cookies or tracking cookies that may be used by external marketers to monitor your buying or web-surfing patterns.
Cookies we use
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in to the members only pages. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
EMBEDDED CONTENT AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
How other websites treat your personal information is outside the scope of this policy.